We understand the importance of maintaining information security and privacy for you and your family. To provide you with greater peace of mind, we have developed the Profitunity Trading Group Online Security Statement, which is outlined below.
All transactions through this site are conducted through Authorize.Net, which is currently the #1 provider of secure credit card transactions through their Internet gateway. More than 350,000 online merchants trust Authorize.Net to manage their transactions and help prevent fraud. Through this agreement we do not store any client credit card information in our offices for any period of time.
The Authorize.Net Payment Gateway manages the complex routing of sensitive customer information through the electronic check and credit card processing networks. See an online payments diagram to see how it works.
The company adheres to strict industry standards for payment processing, including:
- 128-bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology for secure Internet Protocol (IP) transactions.
- Industry leading encryption hardware and software methods and security protocols to protect customer information.
- Compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
If there is a security breach in our system after utilizing the Authorize.Net gateway, you agree to cooperate with us in any investigation of fraudulent activity. If we delay or fail to enforce any term or condition in connection with this Online Security Statement, that delay or failure will not affect or impair our rights to subsequently enforce and/or require that our customer comply with terms and conditions for reimbursement set forth in the Authorize.net Online Security Guarantee.
You Are Responsible - Follow the Online Security Checklist
- Use safe online habits. Take the time to familiarize yourself with current threats and learn how to reduce your online risks.
- Install security software. Ensure that any computer you use to access your Members account has the most current anti-virus, firewall and anti-spyware software installed. To help keep your computer and identity safe, we recommend McAfee VirusScan Plus, or Panda Antivirus Software. This software delivers integrated anti-virus, firewall and anti-spyware technologies to help protect against computer attacks.
- Create a safe and hard-to-guess password. We will set-up your initial Members password, but you may change this password after your account has been activated.
- Keep your operating system and browser updated. Regularly download security updates and patches for your operating system. Keep your Internet browser up-to-date in order to utilize the most current security technologies.
- Review your financial records regularly. Review your bank and credit card statements and transaction history for all financial accounts regularly. Notify your bank credit card company immediately of any unauthorized account activity.
- Protect your username and password. Do not share your username or passwords with anyone. Take precautions to safeguard your username and passwords.
- For Profitunity students only: If your Members account is being accessed from more than one IP address at the same time, your account will be suspended immediately as to protect our proprietary trading tools and information.